February 27, 2017

Oscars 2017

If you didn't watch the Oscars last night, please tell me you have at
least heard about the dramatic ending. Such an epic fail. 

But let's focus on the red carpet...

I loved how Voila Davis and Ginnifer Goodwin both stepped out in bold red.

Brie Larson's bold black velvet gown was breathtaking and seems to 
be an emerging trend for fall (velvet - Busy Phillips also wore the trend). 
I love the unexpected ruffle and interested hemline. I was a big fan of this one. 

Janelle Monae is never one to fly under the radar and killed it in this over the top 
detailed black and white gown. I might have preferred it without the side panels, but 
it's the kind of look we've come to expect from her and I look forward to seeing what 
she's wearing. A true statement maker. 



White was a huge trend last night. From Priyanka Chopra in this structured
column gown from Ralph & Russo to Naomie Harris (who sadly I had never heard
of) but my goodness, she is absolutely stunning. I love the simple sequins in
such an interesting cut. Chrissy Teigen is also one who never disappoints and
looked oh-so-pretty in this white goddess gown. One of my favorite white gowns 
was worn by Darby Stanchfield (Abby for my Scandal watchers). Such a 
different dress that was truly breathtaking. 

Then there were the girls in gold. Winner Emma Stone looked age-appropriate
in this sleek flapper-inspired gown that was pretty, but it didn't make me swoon. 
Nicole Kidman also looked understated and like the true movie star she is, like
meh, this is my 15th Oscars, I'm going to be comfortable. She looks effortless as
per usual, it's really not fair. Jessica Biel also looked completed stunning in this
detailed gold, sequined gown with a bold accessory. I loved it. But did you see
her after party dress? I can't decide which one I love more. 

My two favorites were like breaths of fresh air when they appeared. First, 
my girl, Giuliana Rancic stunned in this periwinkle gown with an added cape. 
Nobody else on the carpet had on a similar color so it stood out in the best way. 
Truly truly stunning. (Speaking of fresh colors, Demi Lovato showed up to the 
after-parties in this beautiful lavender gown that makes my heart skip a beat. 
So pretty).



And then there was the princess of the night, Hailee Steinfeld (also in 
Ralph & Russo). The back was just as interesting as the front, it had so many
interested details, and the airiness of it was just etherial. I want to borrow
this one and just twirl and prance around a castle. It's true princess perfection. 
Her outfit change was also well worth it donning another Ralph & Russo gown
this one a more sleek column gown with a dramatic train. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio