September 19, 2016

2016 Emmys

While I'm not an avid tv watcher, I wouldn't miss a red carpet no matter
what the occasion. While most of the shows nominated were
foreign to me, I definitely had favorites in the fashion department. 
Let's face it, that's what the red carpet is all about, right? 

What were the major trends? Ruby reds, grassy greens, and
other deep-hued jewel tones. Metallic is a must for fall (I see
a metallic tank peeking out from under a great jacket, a sleek
metallic slip dress, or a standout metallic jacket as the ways to
execute this trend for fall). But, there were celebs rocking full on
metallic gowns that had me searching the web for a touch of heavy 
metal (hello Padma Lakshmi).

The dress that initially caught my eye was the emerald green 
This one is truly a work of art. What was even more striking 
about it was the way it moved. When she took the stage to claim
her award, I was awestruck watching the beads and sequins 
glimmer as she made her speech. 


Others that stuck out were Priyanka Chopra in this stunning red
gown (I'm having flashbacks to Lupita in the pale blue) and Jerry 
(#goals).

One of my favorite trends last night was the pop of yellow (as seen on
that was popping up on the street style stars during NYFW, so I think
we should take note and consider adding a bit of buttercup to our fall
shopping lists.

But who was the belle of the ball? None other than Kristen Bell 
in Zuhair Murad. I'm not usually a fan of the princess ball gown
look, but this was such a breath of fresh air. She looked stunning head
to toe (did anyone else save a pic of her hair for future reference? Give
me the Kristen Bell hair, please). It was a standout dress, but she made
it look so easy (that's always the goal, isn't it?). Loved. It. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio