May 3, 2016

Met Gala 2016

The Met Gala is something to look forward to each year. It celebrates the debut of the new costume collection. So it is, for lack of a better term, a couture costume party. Designers arrive with their muses dressed in their take on the theme. "Manus x Machina" led most designers to heavy metals, silver beading (see Kim Kardashian, Cindy Crawford, Jourdan Dunn), and other tech-inspired elements. An early favorite was Karolina Kurkova in Marchesa. It was, however, Zac Posen's night. His creation for Claire Danes basically broke the internet. It had my Cinderella-loving heart beating abnormally fast because she stepped inside and the dress was glowing, as in glow in the dark. What?! I died a little bit. 

It also gave me the perfect opportunity to experiment with my new black paper...



See all the red carpet arrivals here.
I also love Vogue's exclusive gallery Inside the Met Gala 2016


I also came across Zendaya dressed in a lovely Michael Kors gown that was quite stunning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio