March 11, 2016

Brittany Fuson x Off Air by Giuliana

You saw me post about this on instagram, you saw Giuliana post about it, and I'm finally getting around to sharing the details....

I recently worked with Giuliana Rancic, HSN, and Tiger J to produce three t-shirt designs for Giuliana's Off Air collection for HSN. With so many parties involved, there were many rounds of proofs and many levels of approval to get through before we came to these final designs. It was collaborative on all fronts, and I think the final three are perfect for the all American girl. Throw one on with your favorite boyfriend jeans, wear it on your way to the gym - no matter what you pair it with, it's soft, comfortable and chic at the same time. 

The best news? There are still limited sizes available here

*A note on the fit: they are a generous, boxy fit. I'm wearing a size M. It has a wide boat-neck and the material is
incredibly soft (95% Rayon, 5% Spandex). 






How did it all come about?

I had the privilege of flying to LA about a year ago for a private event with HSN & Giuliana Rancic. I took a shot in the dark after an award show by mailing her and her glam squad a copy of this illustration (it was literally addressed to E News, Attn: Giuliana Rancic - it worked). Flash forward to February 2015, I get an email asking if I can be in LA in two weeks from the PR team organizing the event. Next thing I know, I'm hopping on a plane to LA. 

The event was truly special as it was a first for me - a first live illustrating at an event (definitely a first illustrating in front of celebrities), a first meeting with the HSN team (and G, of course), a first getting stuck in sunny LA while my hometown of Nashville was getting pounded with a snow storm. It was all around a trip I will not forget. 


 






The biggest takeaway from that event was the partnership that developed between me, Giuliana and the HSN team. We have since teamed up to produce a first round of 3 shirt designs with a couple more projects to come in the near future that I can't wait to share! 




2 comments:

  1. A fantastic party. Thanks for sharing these photos. We are going to attend full night girls only party at one of popular event space NYC. I am completely confused about my outfit for the party and not liking anything what I have already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your work and purchased one of the shirts but I have to say, I am extremely disappointed in the quality of it especially considering the price. The fabric is very cheap and when I saw it was made in China I was even more disappointed. Please don't further cheapen your wonderful work by doing collaborations like these low-quality shirts again.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio