February 29, 2016

Oscars 2016

Did you watch? 

It's a night I look forward to every year. I'm always on the edge of my seat to see who's wearing what.   The cute couple moments on the carpet, the awkward acceptance speeches, the instant updates on instagram - it's a night that makes me stay attune to all social channels, a night where DVR serves us no purpose because the show inevitably goes two hours longer than expected. 



Major Red Carpet Highlights:

Seeing Leo & Kate pose together. My Titanic-loving heart completely exploded. Best Ensemble Cast? Jacob Tremblay & Co. How adorable is he and how perfect is his family? I'm rooting for a Tremblay reality show. 



Who Wore What:

I was a bit surprised by Alicia Vikander's bold, bubble-hemmed yellow dress. She looked youthful and like a true princess in custom Louis Vuitton, though it wouldn't have been my first choice (I couldn't agree more with the major Disney vibes from this post). I actually preferred her sleek black sequined dress for the afterparties... work that Oscar, girl



Though she's often in the background, I was smitten with Eddie Redmayne's precious pregnant wife's black number with gold details. 



On the mom-to-be note, I can't get enough of Chrissy Teigen's pregnancy style. She's making the bump the best new accessory. She looked ravishing in a red lace Marchesa gown and a perfectly messy braid (see a better angle of the hair here). 



I've had a longtime girl crush on Margot Robbie that dates back to when Pan Am was on the air. It was a short-lived show, but she caught my attention then and I've been tuned in to what she's doing ever since. She stunned in black last year, but it was a breath-taking gold sequined dress by Tom Ford that stole the show this year. 



And then there were the girls in green, Saoirse Ronan and Rachel McAdams. Both looked stunning in this deep jewel tone with perfect hair to complete the look (also, thanks to @shawnjohnson for this post).




Best Dressed:

Yes, JLaw looked stunning in her black lace Dior (I love that it was so different from everything she's worn this season), and Olivia Munn was sleek and stunning in Stella McCartney, BUT it comes down to two. Two that made my jaw drop. Two that I literally said, "oh wow" to when I saw the photos. Sleek, simple, effortless and completely flawless in every way. 

Charlize Theron returns to the red carpet in red Dior, slaying it every step of the way. Red done right. 



Lady Gaga stuns in a pant suit (is that what we're calling it?) by Brandon Maxwell. I mean... the head-to-toe look is perfection.




Top Trends:

The hair: if it wasn't a braid (like Chrissy Teigen, Olivia Wilde, Anne Hathaway at the Vanity Fair after party) then it was loose and unkempt (Margot Robbie - seriously, how stunning is she? Naomi Watts, Alicia Vikander, Saoirse Ronan all worked the look). Others went sleek and straight with a fresh blowout like JLaw and Reese Witherspoon, or a really tight bun (Rooney Mara, Charlize Theron, Rachel McAdams all sported this one).

The dresses: at the afterparties, plunging necklines and a high split seemed to be the trend of the night (Taylor Swift, Rachel McAdams dress #2, Jessica Alba. And SEQUINS. A plethora of sequins as seen on many of the lovely ladies listed above (even Chrisy Teigen opted for a black sequined dress to end the night).

We'll end with this because Justin & Jessica are everything. And this...

Who were your best dressed? What were your favorite moments?


1 comment:

 

design + development by kelly christine studio