January 11, 2016

Golden Globes 2016

Last night's red carpet provided plenty of eye candy while giving us a glimpse of emerging trends for Spring '16. With a plethora of cut-outs, plunging v-necks, sequins and deep jewel tones, most of the head-to-toe looks still had an element of minimalism. The hair was a loose, undone up-do or a laid back, shoulder skimming beach wave. A bold red lip was the icing on the cake for many (Jennifer Lopez's lip color was perfection). 

Did you see Taylor Schilling's black jumpsuit?? That was such a major win.... I loved it! And Helen Mirren, can I please be her when I'm her age? She killed it. While there were also a handful of stunning ladies in white (Alicia VikanderLaverne CoxTaraji P. Henson) it was the pops of color that won in my book.


I, of course, had to illustrate a few of my favorites while watching them stroll in...


Brie Larson looked effortless in her shimmering gold gown. Understated is key when wearing that much sparkle, and she did it perfectly. 



Olivia Wilde in this plunging v-neck sequined merlot dress = perfection. I was a bit obsessed with her hair, too. 



And can we talk about Jennifer Lopez? I mean, she knows how to turn heads no matter what the occasion. She pulled off a mustard yellow gown in the most perfect way. It was classy, chic, and down right perfect. 



Of course, I have to sing the praises of my girl, Giuliana Rancic. Gah, how good is this coral dress with cascading sleeves and carefully placed cut-outs? I loved it and I LOVE her hair. I'm scheduling a hair appointment asap. 



BUT, there was one queen of the night: Jennifer Lawrence was everything
She looked stunning in this red Dior with interesting cut-outs, and the necklace... I mean, the necklace. I have no words. She kills it every time. And I want to be her best friend, so JLaw, call me. Let's hang out. 



There were only a few that left me completely underwhelmed and they were Cate, Kate & Kate. Kate Hudson's Michael Kors dress was ok, but it just made her look washed out. Kate Winslet's navy number was just boring. And what was Cate Blanchett thinking? Sorry, I hated it. Don't even get me started on Jane Fonda

Until the next award show....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio