November 8, 2010

Coat Report


Coats and jackets (and shoes) are some of my favorite items to buy each year. I have more coats than a person could ever need, but I consider them collector's items as I try to stay away from trendy pieces that will only last one season. Some of the coats in my closet have been in my possession for 5+ years. Stick with the classics and you're bound to get your money's worth. 

Here are some of my favorites right now (some of which I have already covered in previous posts):

CAMEL
This is one of my favorite coats I've seen this year, and it's from Talbots of all places....



POP OF COLOR
I love this bright plaid coat from Vivienne Westwood (via Net-a-Porter).....


UPDATED CLASSICS
All of these put a spin on a classic (in color, shape and style) coat (all from Net-a-Porter)....


SEQUIN
Perfect for all the holiday parties that are just around the corner....


And finally, 
FURRY, CHUBBY, LEOPARD


instyle magazine



elle magazine

My favorite place to find great coats is Net-a-Porter. It's a great place to find the latest styles and trends in  every category. I like to start there and then search the internet high and low for more affordable look-a-likes. My favorite places to find these cheaper but just as good options:

Old Navy (I have 2 coats from there that have lasted me a few years)
Victoria's Secret
Piperlime
Banana Republic
J. Crew

On tap for tomorrow? LEATHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio