November 7, 2010

Best of the Web


So InStyle featured the Best of the Web (in their opinion) for 2010 in the latest issue. I decided to check out their favorites (yes, I went to every single website they listed) to see what all the hype was about. I have compiled a short list of the ones I thought were definitely worth a second visit to possibly save you some time and/or give you a Sunday activity (just click on the links to go directly to the sites). 

Here's the rundown....

Weddings, Home Decoration, Etc. 
100 Layer Cake is an amazing wedding blog. 
Sloshed for every kind of mixed drink recipe you would ever need. 
Sunday-Suppers for pretty pictures of food + recipes. Kind of makes me want to cook, but not really. 
Layer Cake Shop......there are no words to describe cuteness of this website. 
Decor8Blog a new home decorating blog that I will now check frequently. 
ThreePotatoFour has amazing vintage finds. 
Mrs. Lilien a great new resource for inspirations. 
CocoCozy another home decorating blog that I love. 
GardenHouse has a great mix of modern & vintage-inspired home furnishings. 
Factory 20 for more incredible vintage finds. 

Fashion blogs & shops
Oak is not your everyday clothing store. Very unique pieces.
Cupcakes and Cashmere one of the many fashion blogs I frequent. 
Gargyle's accessories are amazzze. 
Rugby by Ralph Lauren is a great source for menswear inspired pieces (and they have so many great sweaters, both Fair Isle and Chunky Knits). 
Habitat has some great shoes. 
LuLu's vintage selection is quite good. 
RelicNY & Covet are my new obsessions. Not quite vintage, more designer consignment.  
BabooshkaBoutique on Etsy is not to be missed. 
Need Supply Co. is another great place for unique pieces. 
ModCloth is fun & whimsical (and so are the clothes). 
Opening Ceremony love love love. 
Confederacy great basics. 
Yoox high-end designer online shopping. I love to look. 
Forward by Revolve another designer online boutique. 

And the old favorites that I always recommend

Enjoy! More illustrations to come this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio