January 8, 2018

Golden Globes 2018

Last night's Golden Globes red carpet became a sea of black
as Hollywood took a stand against sexual harassment in the 
work place. It was a moving sight to take in as everyone stood
together in solidarity for the #timesup movement. Learn more
about the movement here. While the focus was more on motive
than fashion, I can't help but point out the trends that took center
stage...

Velvet has been a huge texture trend this season, so plenty
of stars showed up in black velvet (Jessica Chastain and Zoe
Kravitz being two of my favorites). Also a major trend of the
night was a pop of emerald green. It made the perfect accent 
to all the black on the carpet (it's also my birthstone, so I've always
been a huge fan of the deep green hue). As expected on any carpet,
there were loads of sequins and sparkle (Kerry Washington in particular).
A more casual carpet than other award shows, I was a huge fan of the 
shorter hems on some of the gowns. Ankle-grazing gowns that show your 
shoes is the perfect way to make a look a little less fussy. 

On the other hand, countless stars showed up in pants, a welcomed 
change from the sea of evening gowns. (The Queen) Claire Foy and 
Hollywood royalty Kyra Sedgwick were both donning perfectly tailored
power suits. 

As I've been doing some pre-spring shopping, a trend I've noticed 
becoming more and more popular is a hint of boho, a nod to the 70s.
Alicia Vikander (one of my red carpet favorites) wore a long sleeved
peasant gown that makes me long for the warmer days of spring.

But let's all stop and slow clap for the true queen of the night, Oprah.
Am I right or am I right? Go Oprah.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio