September 18, 2012

NY Fashion Week, pt. 1

My in-depth analysis of the recent spring shows in New York...

I literally feel like the Spring collections were designed for me (I mean, not really, but I'm a fan). Black & white, peplums, stripes... all favorites. Looks like I don't have to buy anything new! 

Black & white abstract prints graced nearly every runway... such an easy way to jazz up the most basic of colors...


And, yes, I am excited about these fun prints! I'm trying to expand my wardrobe to include more color. The keyword is trying...


Evening wear gets a little saucy with a touch of sheer, especially around the collarbone...


What will we see this award season on the red carpet? I'm thinking lots of embellishment and FRINGE!


Marchesa can do no wrong:


Looks like everyone was a little affected by 50 Shades of Grey. BCBG showed leather, lace, and loads and loads of harnesses. Jason Wu did more subtle touches of leather with delicate lace details...


Tired of wearing heels? Throw on a flat oxford (preferably this fun metallic pink one!)...


And now to my favorite trends that I am SO excited about... starting with stripes, aka my middle name. I own far too many striped sweaters, tops, etc. especially in black and white. Thank you, Marc Jacobs, for making this the must have print for spring...


Every designer showed a peplum, so invest for fall, carry it into spring! They're not going anywhere...


Interesting construction details proved to be a major movement in the way of cut-outs...


The master of cut-outs this season is Alexander Wang. We will be seeing these looks on every magazine cover as well as red carpets. 


And for the most fantastic part of Fashion Week, let's turn to Alexander Wang's niece, Alia. Every season she wears a custom Wang creation to his show, this season adding a mini Chanel bag. I mean, could she be any cuter? I think not. 


 We have the same tennis shoes, too, so I feel pretty cool. What a little fashionista in the making. 

Stay tuned tomorrow for my favorite collections! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio