April 27, 2011

Marchesa


Last night, I had the pleasure of being backstage during the Marchesa Symphony Fashion Show. I've come to realize that I find just as much joy being backstage (bumping into the designers, trying to sneak stalker pics, touching the gorgeous clothes) as I do sitting in the audience watching the show. Georgina Chapman even helped me get my model's dress on her....I freaked a little. 

We'll start with the designers....Georgina Chapman & Karen Craig (who are both stunning in person). 


Other backstage shots....




Faith Hill performed, so we snuck in to see her sound check....


But the best part of the day/night was the iconic dresses they brought to show with the collection.....remember these? 
(I actually had to steam Anne Hathaway's red Oscar gown....no big deal) 



What about this one?? 


I was most excited to see this one because, if you receive In Our Shoes, you will remember that I recently illustrated this one....


If you only knew how small these dresses were in person.....gaaaaaa it was amazing. 

Halle Berry can now be yours.....I'm adding her to the Print Shop. Also, we took a month off from In Our Shoes, but are planning on releasing a double issue next week so make sure you're on the list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio