March 23, 2011

Nashville Fashion Week


So, have you heard about Nashville Fashion Week? Let me tell you about it.....

It's next Tuesday, March 29th - April 2nd with events all day everyday. During the day there will be shopping events & trunk shows in local boutiques across the city, followed by runway shows each night....click HERE for the updated schedule. Not only that, but Saturday (April 2nd) has been named a Citywide Shopping Day, so I recommend joining in on the fun. 

That same day, (Saturday, April 2nd) I will be setting up shop at the NashFashDash with 20 other local boutiques and vendors from 10:00 - 2:00 at Terrazzo in the Gulch. Stop by! It's free....


Along with shopping events, there will be guest speakers throughout the week....one in particular that I will definitely be in attendance for....Kelly Cutrone. Yes, the scary lady from The Hills is coming here, and I'm excited/scared to see her. She's speaking Friday, April 1st at the Belcourt Theatre and you have to buy a ticket separate from the tickets for the runway shows. It's $20....count me in. Click HERE to get tickets. 

Now to the really fun part, the runway shows. There will be 5 shows each night. Christian Siriano from Project Runway is showing Thursday night. Ummm....yea. 

The two that I'm REALLY excited about, though, are my fellow Alabama (and fashion design) graduates......Leona and Aman Stovall (both showing on Saturday night). 



Lauren Leonard (designer behind Leona) has recently moved to Nashville, and is delightful to talk to and hang out with. Plus, her clothes are impeccable. 

Brent Johnson and Mary Catherine Moody (designers of Aman Stovall) were both in my fashion illustration class.....small world, because it's that class that made me realize what I wanted to do with my career. I know for a fact that the two of them never saw starting a clothing line together in the future at that point, however long ago that was. Three and a half years ago?? Something like that.....gaaaaa I feel old. Back to them, I can't wait to see what the future holds for these two talented designers. This will be their first runway show and I'm excited to be there for it. 

All that to say, GET YOUR TICKETS. It's an event that you don't want to miss. You can get one of the following options.....

Insider Access Pass ($350) including all shows and NFW parties, gift bags, etc. 

All Access Pass ($250) including basically the same things as Insider Access. 

Individual Tickets ($50 - $75) for a single night of runway shows. 

Plus tickets for parties and speakers during the day. Go to the website to see the complete breakdown. 

Ok, I'm exhausted thinking about it, so I must go. I'll leave you with this.....a snapshot from Aman Stovall's blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio