April 28, 2010

life in plastic, it's fantastic

Where have I been, you might ask. Well, let me tell you....

Lately all my time & energy has either gone to finishing up a huge pile of custom projects or towards cleaning out our house.....yes, we're having a garage sale. Dread....

The garage sale was my idea, so I can't back out now. However, I really wish someone would just come and haul everything off so we don't actually have to have the sale. It's amazing how much trash fills up your attic, and how much stuff you accumulate over the years. To top things off, it's supposed to be pouring down rain Saturday morning in Nashville. More dread.....

All this to say, I have come across many interesting things in the midst of the junk. First thing I was excited about stumbling upon, my old Barbies. Now, those that know me should not be surprised when I say I had a LOT of Barbies. I was a girly-girl as prissy as they come, and Barbies were my top priority as a child. As the years progressed and their new-ness wore off, I began to give my Barbies makeovers. Another shocker, right? What might have had some value down the road for their "vintage qualities" now either have no hair, or have Expo marker colored hair in shades of red, blue, green, and black. I went through a painful phase of cutting and coloring their hair, Brittany-style, with markers.

Barbie's clothes and shoes were stored in, wait for it, a Caboodle. Love it......

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, i love this. and contrary to your declarations, missy, you are actually a fantastic writer. you have great flow an syntax, and most importantly, you are fun to read. sorry we didnt get to shower together today. wait... you know what i mean.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio